Do you love Banana Bread? Do you long for a little spice in your life?
This recipe is sure to get your taste buds firing in the morning.
Banana bread has become a café favourite for a quick meal on the run. But, most people do not know how easy it is to make. We have long been fans of one pot cooking, well this is one bowl cooking. Chuck it all together, mix it up and place it in a tin. We might just make a chef of you yet.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1 tbs honey
- 125ml milk
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 50g melted butter
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you can add as much as you like)
- Preheat oven to 180C (356 F)
- Grease and line a loaf tin
- Sift flour into a bowl and add the sugar and spices, mix to combine
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and honey then add the milk and eggs mixing to combine
- Stir the melted butter into the banana mixture
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and pour in the banana mixture and mix to incorporate. (Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the flour mixture is incorporated)
- Stir in the chopped walnuts
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and back for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.