I will be posting a new DIY bookmark. It involves braiding 3 strings together. Which made me realise I have not done a simple braiding tutorial. This is more an info graphic but I will do a basic step by step as well.
What you need:
- String (can be the same colour, or different.) If you are a beginner you will benefit from using different colours.
- I like to have a cork board to brace it against, or a clipboard so you have tension.
- A tack to use on the cork board.
1. Join your sting together by tying in a knot.
2. Secure to board with tack, (Or clip)
3. Using the above example; move the outside right string (Yellow) over the middle string (Blue)
4. Outside left string (red) over the middle string (Yellow)
5. Outside right string (Blue) over the middle string (Red)
6. Outside left string (yellow) over the middle string (Blue)
7. Continue alternating, right over middle, left over middle, right over middle, left over middle…
And that is the basics to braiding.