Who doesn’t love Nachos? It is really the perfect meal for camping.
This one is a quick easy meal for those who want something quick and easy to make with limited access to refrigeration. It feeds 2 to 3 easily.
1 can Stagg Dynamite Hot Chilli
1 can Heinz Creationz Fiery Mexican Style Beans
1/2 a Cucumber
1 Lime (you can substitute lemon)
1/2 Punnet Mixed Mini Tomatoes
1/2 Red Onion
Salt and Pepper
1. Dice the cucumber and onion
2. Half the mini tomatoes and mix with cucumber and onion
3. Add a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil to the salsa mix and season with salt and pepper
4. Empty cans into pan and heat
5. Place nachos in the plate, pile on the chilli mix, top with the salsa and cheese.
This is both hearty and yummy, with a decent kick of spiciness to warm you up on a cold night out in the wilderness. We bought the cheese the same day as we did not have access to refrigeration. But you could easily put in an esky to keep for the next days’ breakfast. It really depends on the temperature and weather at the time.
Come to think of it this recipe would be great to make at home after a hard day at work and you want a meal that you can whip up in a jiffy.